The “Patient Module” is an integral part of the EPS system and is comprised of a reservoir system with several transducers and valves attached to a Windows based laptop computer via an A/D converter module. Information from the Patient Module, such as bypass blood flow rate, cardioplegia flow, circulating blood volume and temperature is sent back to the CPU to provide feedback related to the conduct of cardiopulmonary bypass or ECMO treatment. With this information, the CPU drives a separate monitor which serves as the “OR Monitor” and is typical of monitors used in surgical operating rooms displaying a wide variety of patient data.
- Biomed Simulation Inc. Empowering healthcare specialists through high-fidelity simulation
- Califia Used in Training in South Africa
- The Beating Heart and Califia Named Most Innovative New Technology at TCT Expo
- Califia installation in China
- ECLS Simulation Session at the Society of Clinical Perfusionists 2018