- The Biomed Simulation, Inc. Califia CPB/ECMO Simulator is delivered and installed on-site by an experienced technician.
- While on-site, the technician can provide up to 4 hours of training.
- Advanced on-site customization training program can be arranged.
- Advanced training can include scenario design, scripting events and simulator programing.
ECMO Training Programs
- ECMO training programs are tailored for clinicians with or without prior ECMO experience.
- Biomed Simulatin Inc. can training programs for hospital staff include multiple high fidelity simulation scenarios or use a train-the-trainer model to facilitate independent training programs.
Competency Assessment for ECMO and Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Biomed Simulation programs can be used to evaluate technical skills and non-technical skills such as teamwork and communication.
- Califia can be used to assess skill proficiencies using preprogramed high-fidelity scenarios tested for validity and reliability.
- Biomed Simulation Inc offers remediation sessions to ensure your entire staff meets proficiency standards.
- Remediation is compliant with the highest institutional processes.
- Biomed Simulation can provide preprogramed customized high-fidelity scenarios to be used in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Scenarious can be used for evaluation of knowledge, skills, behavior, and judgment aspects of clinical competency.
American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) Case Requirement
- The ABCP allows 15 “secondary clinical perfusion activities” to be counted toward the 40 cases required for annual recertification.
- High-fidelity CPB/ECMO simulation is considered to be a secondary clinical perfusion activity.
- Biomed Simulation Inc. is one of four simulation programs certified by the ABCP to provide the practicing perfusionist with high-fidelity CPB/ECMO simulations.